Amanda's Reviews > Big Sky Country

Big Sky Country by Linda Lael Miller

Jun 17, 12

bookshelves: on-my-kindle, not-my-fave-from-this-author, writing-style-drove-me-nuts, i-was-bored
Read from June 15 to 17, 2012

I have a like/hate relationship with this book. I liked it. It was SLOW moving, but an overall decent read-- a solid 3.5 stars. The characters were likable. The premise got old, but it could have been so much worse. It had the requisite happy ending. Eventually. There wasn't a lot of drama. It wasn't cheesy or over the top.

This book simply had my pet peeve. The "I know we've only exchanged 3 sentences, and it's been MAYBE 2 days since I met you, but you're super hot and I've actually mapped out an entire relationship in my mind and I just KNOW our souls have connected (she actually used that line in the book). So, hey, I'm in such LOVE with you and I just KNOW we are going to live happily ever after because the author set it up to where we fit together just perfectly without is having to actually get to know one another.". That's called lust people. In order to get beyond infatuation and actually fall on love you have to know more about a person than the town gossip. You should maybe have a full conversation with them?!?!? Just a thought.....

That scenario is probably what made this book so slow for me-- it took me 3 days to finish. Granted, I've been super busy, but still. It NEVER takes me 3 days to read a good book-- There was so little dialogue in the story. The majority of everything happened in the characters heads. It just drove me nuts as I made myself finish the book.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Sky Country.