Adara's Reviews > Constable of Disturbia

Constable of Disturbia by Darcy Abriel

Jun 15, 12

Read from June 03 to 15, 2012

A darker story with some unusual main characters, an insane scientist (Oberon) and the constable (Sam) who has been in love with him for many years. Sam captured and turned in Oberon five years ago and married him just before his incarceration in a maximum security facility, only able to see him every three months during conjugal visits. Guilt gnaws at Sam, so he helps Oberon with a scheme to break him out of the prison. The whole of the story is the break-out attempt filtered through Sam's views on his relationship with Oberon, with Bobby (an automaton designed by Oberon to help with his escape), and his gut-churning uncertainty over his choices of loving an unstable madman and an unemotional automaton.

This was exactly what I asked for, and I loved it. It is fraught with Sam's uncertainty of his undeniable love and his dire predicament. Is releasing this man upon the world the right thing to do, even though leaving him in the corrupt prison facility is unfathomable as well? This was well-told, and the language used really drew me in. And the ending was quite a surprise as well. Great story. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Constable of Disturbia.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deja (new) - added it

Deja Black Do you have the URL for this one? I don't see it on the list and because of your review, I would like to read it!

message 2: by Adara (last edited Jun 18, 2012 06:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adara It's not released yet. This was based on my proofing the story pre-release. I don't think it's been scheduled as of yet, so it'll probably be sometime in July.

message 3: by Deja (new) - added it

Deja Black Agh! Ok! I wish I could proof books. Wonder of they would take me. I teach English, but there is probably a special writer's class or program for it. Hmm.

Adara Well, we're pretty close to being done with this event, but for the next Don't Read in the Closet event, when Jen asks for volunteers to help with proofing and formatting, just let her know you want to help. There's no special training, just a willingness to help. =)

message 5: by Deja (new) - added it

Deja Black Cool! Thanks!!