Kayla's Reviews > Take a Bow

Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg

Aug 19, 12

bookshelves: amazing-characters, chick-lit, contemporary, everyone-should-read-it, musicians, realistic-fiction, romance
Read from August 18 to 19, 2012

Words can't even begin to express how much I enjoyed reading this book.

The characters, oh man, I'm in love with all of them. How Elizabeth Eulberg managed to create real, likeable characters and have them be the complete opposite of each other is beyond me.

Emme was the sweet songwriter. nsecure, loyal, selfless to the point of letting someone else take credit for her song. I wanted to shake her at times because of how clueless she was but Emme became a stronger person at the end.

Ethan. Oh, Ethan! Why are you a fictional character? Why? He seemed like the perfect guy on the outside but he was one of the most self-conscious people to ever exist. He made big mistakes, promised he would change, and he did. The things he went through to finally shut out the voices in his head and express himself... I've never wanted to pat someone in the back this bad.

Carter. The has-been. I could identify with him the most. The identity crisis he went throughout the book. The journey on self-discovery, him trying to figure who he really was and what he wanted to become was inspiring.

Sophie. I didn't like her very much. But we get to see what the jealousy monster can do to a friendship. tsk tsk.

Jack. I love him. He had me laughing everytime he delivered a line. He was my favorite character out of all of them. He's the reason I'll read this again.

I don't know why I like reading stories about musicians when I can barely play the flute nor do I understand 'techincal' terms but Elizabeth Eulberg managed to develop good characters along with a good plot

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take a Bow.

08/18/2012