Shari's Reviews > Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls by Jessica Sorensen

Jun 21, 12

Read from June 15 to 21, 2012

I've read Ms Sorensen's "Fallen Star" series and so going into this, having enjoyed Fallen Star, I knew I'd enjoy this book. True to her writing style, she created another series that I can't help but enjoy!

The storyline seemed so different and unique, so I was instantly intrigued. Blending post-apocalyptic/distopian genre with paranormal can either go well, or not, and this book definitely went well. If I had to complain about anything...I'd have to say some minor editing slip-ups. I find them a bit distracting from an otherwise fantastic book so I overlooked them entirely :)

I'm thoroughly intrigued with Kayla and her abilities and I'm excited to learn more about her. As the story grows, there becomes so many more questions than answers, but in my opinion that's a great way to kick-start a series. The entire premise of the story intrigues me and I'm curious to see where Kayla's story leads. It's clear that she will reach amazing feats.

A great book over all - a solid 4 stars for this one. Definitely a good read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Falls.

06/15/2012 page 1
0.0% "Just about to start... pool side reading. Love summer!"
06/21/2012 page 145
51.0% "really impressed with this book... it's imaginative and combines the paranormal and post-apocalyptic genres perfectly."