Regina's Reviews > For Darkness Shows the Stars

For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund

Nov 20, 12

bookshelves: 2012, dystopia, re-telling, syfy, romance
Read on November 20, 2012

Can i just say, i loved this book's heroine. Elliot may have a boy's name but shes an awesome girl. She is strong and tries her best to help everyone around her. I found her determination very admirable.
The romance was lacking for me though. I get that Kai is her childhood friend and he thinks she abandoned him but i think he should've gotten over himself long ago. I think she deserved better than him. Kai is a nice guy really but he acted like an angsty ex-gf. yeah you can tell i raged at him a lot while reading.
The plot was not bad. I never read Jane Austen's Persuasion so i cant make comparisons but I do wish Diana focused more on world builiding. Maybe if it wasn't a re-telling the story would have more info about the genetics and background.
SO in conclusion, great heroine and cruddy love story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Darkness Shows the Stars.

11/20/2012 page 90
22.0% "im not sure i get what is up with her wheat an Kai is being rather douchey"
11/20/2012 page 116
28.0% "sooo...does he get any nicer? or are we gonna get a love triangle? cause im not likinf kai very much...."