Thalia's Reviews > Skinny

Skinny by Donna Cooner

Aug 20, 12

bookshelves: luhdasbunyno, faekrd
Recommended to Thalia by: Sonja S.
Recommended for: Those Looking for Inspirational Weight Loss/Body Image YA Books
Read on August 19, 2012, read count: 1

Read the review on my blog:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinny.

Quotes Thalia Liked

Donna Cooner
“It just wasn't fair. God made some people naturally skinny and some people naturally fat. I'd never know how my life would have been different if I'd been one of the ones He made skinny. I didn't know how He chose. This one will be blonde, with long thin legs and great skin. This one will be short and fat with legs that rub together when she walks. I just knew I wasn't one of the lucky ones.”
Donna Cooner, Skinny

08/19/2012 page 1
0.0% "Reading this for my library superviser. We'll see if I can do it in one day for boutofbooks!"
08/19/2012 page 50
18.0% "Finally, a character that actually is self conscious over something legitimate and not made up in order to get attention."
08/19/2012 page 152
56.0% "I really relate to Ever. No, I've never been three hundred pounds or anything like that, but I'm anything but satisfied with the way I look. It's almost inspiring the way she's determined to feel good about herself, although she seems kind of conceited about the singing thing."
08/19/2012 page 215
79.0% "Are Rat and Ever just going to miraculously fall in love? *sigh* Best friends more than friends? Really? Is that what we're doing here?"
08/19/2012 page 272
100.0% "Not sure how I feel. I liked the message but didn't like the delivery or execution."