A Tasty Read Book Reviews's Reviews > Confessions of an Angry Girl

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Jul 26, 2012

bookshelves: arc, netgalley
Read from June 19 to 21, 2012

Now I am DYING to see what happens next year....When is Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend going to be out? UGH....not soon enough!! Jamie Forta is a definitely in the running for Smokin-hot YA Hero!!

Reviewed on http://atastyread.blogspot.com

I don't always like to use the Blurb when explaining the book to my readers, but this one is the perfect description of Rose Zarelli, and all her infinite wisdom. We have all been there, or have seen it, angsty teen, angry at the world. But Rose has this humorous side that kept me laughing for hours, that was when I WASN'T drooling over Heartthrob, Jamie Forta...*SWOON*....He will have you melting into a big puddle of giggling school girl!!

Is it terrible to be Thirty and have a crush on a made-up High School boy?? Hum...that is a whole other discussion!!
I have to say, I really liked Rose. She was a fierce protector of her best friend, Tracy, even though Tracy was more concerned with herself, her boyfriend, Matt, and going along with whatever the older cheerleaders want her to do. Her brother, Peter, went away to school and has become practically a stranger, her mother is too concerned with her therapy clients and too busy to notice her daughter is grieving...the only person who seems to notice her is Jamie Forta...the very cute bad-boy who used to play hockey with her brother before he was thrown off the team a few years back, and Rose may have just had a slight crush on him back in the day.

Unfortunately, getting attention from Jamie also gets you the unwanted attention of Regina Deladdo, bitch-extraordinaire, cheerleader and thorn in Rose's side. There is one scene that I won't tell you about, but you will understand when you read it, that had me yelling "GO ROSE!!" Had me wishing I was back in High School so I could be friends with Rose, she is a new favorite YA heroine in my book!!

I am SOOO excited that this series will be going on..I am guessing four books, since each book is one year of High School for Rose. The next book is Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend, which will be Rose's sophomore year, and I can't WAIT to find out what is going to happen...especially with the open-ending we are left with at the end of Confessions of an Angry Girl. Louise Rozett has me hooked and I can't wait for the next book!! Keep em' coming!!

YES, YES, YES...I highly recommend getting your hands on this book and taking a trip back to High School, even for just a little while!! You won't be sorry!!

Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of an Angry Girl.

06/20/2012

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh, I have this in my TBR pile so I'm looking forward to reading after reading your review. I'm so glad that you liked it because now I'm anxious to get it read.

message 2: by Jaclyn (new) - added it

Jaclyn Looks good...I just added to my TBR pile. :)