Karen Scott's Reviews > Good For You

Good For You by Tammara Webber

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: ya-books
Read in June, 2012

Not quite as good as Easy, mostly because I spent a fair amount of time hating Reid, the selfish asshole. I preferred the heroine, because although she could have easily been a Mary Sue type character, she had enough un-angelic traits that made her more believable. She could be a tad judgemental, especially when it came to Reid, but seeing as he was such a monumental arsehole, I totally got why. What I did like about Dori was that actually she was pretty self-aware, and she did question her behaviour whenever she caught herself being uncharacteristically harsh with him. What Ms Webber does well in this book is to develop Reid's character. He went from being a total asshole who had never taken any responsibility for his actions, and had never cared about anybody else in his entire life, to somebody who wanted the girl he'd fallen in love with to have everything she wanted, even if that meant letting her go.

In the end Reid won me over, and I applaud Ms Webber's great writing for this phenomenon, because quite frankly, even halfway through the book, I had my doubts that she could redeem him to my satisfaction. A good solid three out if five stars for Good For You.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good For You.