Emily's Reviews > Kiss the Girls

1958287
Jun 18, 2012

did not like it
Read from June 15 to 18, 2012

I think I'm so upset about how AWFUL this novel was because I really enjoyed Along Came a Spider, and decided to move right into book 2 in the series. The only good thing about this book was that it was so short that I really only wasted a few, precious hours of my life (that I will never get back).
OK, so we're back to Alex Cross, still a likeable detective. He gets involved in a missing persons case because his niece is one of the victims. He begins to hunt a man who calls himself "Casanova" who kidnaps, rapes, and holds women against their will in an underground house. Sounds like a good plot (sick, twisted but decent) but maybe Patterson just rushes through the book because when we find out who "Casanova" is, I actually had to Wiki it to find out where this person fit into the novel earlier. Maybe this novel was just so bad that I didn't care to remember any of the characters. And should I continue to read the Alex Cross series if Dr. Cross is going to fall for a different women each time? Where were his kids through this whole novel? Oh man, I just don't even know if I want to continue this series. My advice, just don't even bother with this piece of garbage that was probably written in a day. It was AWFUL!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss the Girls.

Comments <span class="mediumText">(showing 1-3)</span>

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Deanna (new)

Deanna I saw the movie, it was good and Cary Elwes (Princess Bride) was the killer so it made it worth the 90 mins ;-)

Emily Well the movie has to be better then the book - oh it was awful. I'm sure I wont win any books now!!! :)

message 1: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Ha ha ha! You can read mine :) I'm done with one!