Beckie's Reviews > Wanted: Dead or Undead

Wanted by Angela  Scott

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: given-to-read-by-author-publisher, own, paperback, read-for-review-on-blog, ya-horror, ya-zombies, ya-dystopian
Read from July 24 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy

3.5 Stars.

To begin I must say this book is unlike anything I have ever read which is great because finding a book that is rare is quite refreshing. I am sure by now most of you know that zombies is a big thing in books right now. I myself have read and are hooked on zombie books. Wanted: Dead or Undead takes place in the american old west around the late 1800's to the early 1900's. Back then medicine was not very developed and people lived in fear of contracting diseases like cholera and smallpox. In this book we see the wild west in a alternate world where zombies are taking over and surviving is a must.

The story begins....On her way back home from gathering water, Elizabeth finds her family has been affected and are becoming zombies. With no other choice she must kill them to protect herself. This now leaves her alone and to fend for herself from now on. Upon her journey to find safety, she stops at a salon where she helps fight off a zombie attack. When a sexy cowboy named Trace sees her in the salon he begins take in interest in her and who she is. He knows he has seen Elizabeth before but where? So when Trace decides to follow her in attempts to befriend Elizabeth this is when the story really begins to pick up. Although she wants nothing to do with Trace she soon finds herself to be able trust him. They now must start moving across the states to find a better way of life, while fighting off zombies, finding new friends, and coming upon many hardships along the way. So when Trace find out that Elizabeth may in fact be the key to surviving this zombie apocalypse things began to take on a whole new kind of ugly. But to find out what happens you will have to read this book.

I did enjoy the story-line and the character's were likable especially Trace. Although I wish that I could have known more about them, their past and who they are. The character building was not as devoupled as I would have liked but I still felt a connection with them. I could get a great sense of what they went through. I though the plot was very fun and unlike any other zombie book I have read. It kept me actively reading and wanting to know what would happen next. Wanted: Dead or Undead is the first book in the series and while I know there will be more to come I kind of did feel like the pace was a bit rushed with a few wholes in the plot. One thing I loved was the killing of the zombies! Besides the plot itself the horror and gore factor was amazing! I felt like I was right there fighting along side them. The book really tips the scales on that. I can tell that the author Angela Scott did her homework and truly wanted to have her readers get lost in this apocalyptic world, full of zombies, blooming romance and fighting to the death all for a single purpose; to survive.

Anyone who loves a good scare and is a zombie book lover like me, than I would say give Wanted: Dead or Undead a chance. This book has great promise and I can't wait to read the next installment.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanted.

07/24/2012 page 7