Von Sowards's Reviews > Prologue: The Brothers

Prologue by Chris Stewart

Jun 15, 2012

bookshelves: lds-author, christian

This book delves into a world that not many novels go to: the pre-mortal world. The plays "My Turn on Earth" and "Saturday's Warriors" are the only other works of fiction I have seen use the pre-mortal life, but I'm sure that there are others out there. Unlike those plays the setting of this entire book (excluding the resolve) takes place during our pre-mortal life. Admittedly the story is kind of basic and the author uses a lot of literary licenses in the creating of this realm that may be a bit more figurative that literal, but I truly enjoyed this book.

In the gospel we often think of the war in heaven as very cut and dry. All of us were perfect little angels who never had the idea of considering Satan's plan and we all got to be generals in the army of God. To me that feels a bit self righteous. Though historical fiction Chris Stewart helped me see it from a different perspective. What if a did struggle? What if some of my dearest loved ones chose to follow Satan? I grew a better understanding of the appeal that those of the 1/3 part had towards Satan's plan. I feel like I am less judgmental of those fallen angels and feel sympathy for them because of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prologue.