Melissa's Reviews > Night of the Living Trekkies

Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin David Anderson

Jun 15, 2012

bookshelves: ah-deadly, yikes, apocalyptastic
Read in June, 2012

This is a book about a zombie outbreak that takes place in Houston in a hotel that is hosting a Star Trek convention.

Wait, I'm just going to say that again.

Whatever you thought of when you read that sentence, whatever expectations entered your head at the sight of those words - hear me now. This book fulfills that promise times one hundred. I am not kidding. This is hilarious, this is scary, & it does a brilliant job of illustrating the buildup to the zombie/alien outbreak (if I hear "my cell phone isn't working" and "someone bit me" from anybody on the same day, I am so leaving town, I'm just sayin'). The characters are excellent & the random digressions into Star Trek canon are funny & enlightening ("Not now, Wesley!"). It almost lost a star because some people I liked died, but hey, it's a zombie novel so I can't be too picky.
11 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night of the Living Trekkies.

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly did you ill this? I wanna read!

Melissa I did ILL it, and dang it, I sent it back already. I should've asked first.