Ms. Gutner's Reviews > Love That Dog

Love That Dog by Sharon Creech

U 50x66
Jun 18, 12

Read in June, 2012

1.) I liked this book because I felt that I was really able to connect with the main character, Jack. I am similar to Jack because I also didn’t want to write poetry and it took me time to be able to enjoy writing it. Just like Jack, I thought that “I couldn’t do it” (2). I also didn’t enjoy poetry at first because I didn’t understand it, just like Jack (3).

2.) You would like this book if you like dogs, especially If you really enjoy reading books and watching movies about dogs. If you have read other books like “Marley and Me” and “Shiloh,” you would enjoy this book.

3.) One challenge of this book was that it was written in the form of poetry. While reading, sometimes I found it difficult to understand because it wasn't in the usual sentence-like format like the books I usually read.

4.) One important theme of this book is that it is important to keep an open mind and try everything. I learned this lesson through Jack because at first Jack didn’t like poetry. Jack thought poetry was only for girls (1). Then, after keeping more of an open mind and trying to write the poetry after he was inspired and encouraged by his teacher and other poets, he was able to write poetry successfully.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love That Dog.

Darius Olivo hi ms.Gunter nice review

Reis Fonkem i really liked the way she expressed herself i hope other people do the same even me

message 3: by Hassatou (new)

Hassatou Sow i like the way yu expressed herself

Abigail Kubeck I like the detail in that