Allison's Reviews > Reunited

Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham

Jun 26, 2012

Read from June 22 to 23, 2012

Alice, Tiernan and Summer were best friends who shared everything, especially their fondness for the band level3. That is until the night of their freshman winter formal dance when their friendship like their favorite band broke up. Fresh from their high school graduations they learn Level3 will reunite for a one night only charity concert. On a whim Alice buys three tickets. She hopes her ex-bestfriends will come with her, and as if by fate Alice’s parents gifting her the 1967 Volkswagen bus the girls used as their level3 fan club headquarters. The girls decide to drive across country to the concert putting aside their differences for this last adventure before college. Along the way they meet some interesting characters, have mini escapades and realize they all have something in common they are running from something at home.

This is the road trip book that I have been waiting for, and what I had in mind when we choose this theme for the month. I thought the story was believable (actually reminds me of my group of friends in high school who unfortunately fell out of friendships for a ridiculous reason as well) The characters were real and each had their own quirks and attributes that made me like them.
The book was really good fun that I gobbled it up in a day, and I think that many girls will relate to at least one of the characters. I think that this is a fun summer read that will make you smile when it’s all said and done.

• What they drove: a green 1967 Volkswagen bus affectionately named the Pea Pod
• Where they went: From Massachusetts to Texas
• What they listened to: Level3

Check out my blog http://bibliophilesisters.wordpress.com/
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reunited.