Emma (BelleBooks)'s Reviews > Dante's Girl

Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole

Sep 24, 12

Read from June 15 to August 06, 2012

Originally Published at: http://www.bellebooksx.blogspot.com

Dante's Girl is the first book in the Paradise Diaries series, and follows the story of 17 year old Reece as she is making the long journey from America to London to spend yet another boring summer with her father.
Halfway through her journey all planes are suspended because of the Ash Cloud, unsure of what to do or where to go, Reece goes with her gut and agrees to follow Dante, a boy she met in the airport home. But Reece gets a whole lot more than she was expecting when she finds out that Dante's father is the president of a small Greek Island and that she is actually staying in a palace!

I really loved this book, it was cute and witty, with just the right amount of romance. I rated it 5 stars because the book did keep me glued to my Kindle. I didn't want to put it down at all, too bad that I'm human and need my sleep.

This is the perfect summer read!
It's packed full of action, romance, suspense and humour, all set on a beautiful Greek Island. It is Ideal for lazy summer afternoons as it can whisk you away to a different country, which was great for me with all the rain we've been getting here recently! I forgot all about the crappy weather and my boring wee life and for a few hours lived the high life in Greece!

Reece is great as a main character, she is charming, funny and doesn't take herself too seriously. I really liked her, there are times in the book that I could actually imagine myself in her shoes and felt bad for her. She is well written and very life-like, I think most teenage or twenty something girls could see a part of themselves in Reece and relate to her.

Dante is brilliant, just sheer brilliant! The whole way through the book I was thinking to myself, if only he was a little bit older! Lol, not once did I think, if only he was real?! He is cool and sophisticated as well as super hot, what girl wouldn't go weak at the knees when he was around?

I don't want to spoil the plot or the ending for anyone, so I'm trying not to give too much away with this review! The book was fast paced, which is something I really enjoy, it keeps me interested in the story line, and makes me feel like I need to keep reading to find out what is going to happen next.
Overall I really did love this book, even though I'm not the biggest fan of contemporary romance, there was something about this book that I can't quite place my finger on, but it kept me hooked from page one till the end!

Since this is the first book in the Paradise Diaries, I'm looking forward to the release of the next book. I'm really hoping to see more of Reece and Dante in the future, they make a really cute couple.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dante's Girl.

08/03/2012