Diana's Reviews > Dreamland

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

Jun 15, 2012

it was ok
Read in June, 2012

I felt relieved when I finished reading this book. Not for the character and not because of the ending, but because I was finally done with the book. It's a shame when I feel that way after reading. I've read all of Sarah Dessen's work and it just seems to me that this one was the least impressive, although not forgettable.

The plot circles around Caitlin as she tries to differentiate herself from her sister, but ironically follows her path, who ran away. She then finds herself in a relationship with an abusive guy.

The first half of the book was a incredibly bit slow for me. I kept putting it down and starting another book. I think I read 6 books before I finally got to finishing this one. Anyways, Dreamland didn't interest me until halfway (literally) into it. I found the main character uninteresting and unrelatable. I couldn't find a connection to her. There was only me part of the book that held my attention though, but that was 3/4 into it.

I wish I could say that I loved Dreamland like I loved Sarah Dessen's other works: This Lullaby, Lock & Key, etc. This book was ultimately disappointing for me, but it might be because I had such high expectations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamland.