Mindy's Reviews > Salt City

Salt City by Robert C. Fleet

7190668
Jun 14, 12

bookshelves: dream-reader-dreamer2229-blo

What happens when a college grad student working part-time as an investigator for a divorce attorney witnesses a murder that has no evidence? Mark is given an assignment to follow the soon-to-be ex-wife of his divorce attorney employer and take pictures of her having an affair to be used against her in the divorce proceedings. Instead he watches her fall six stories to her death. A police officer also witnesses the event.

The next day he finds out that the police have a dead Jane Doe on their hands, but he knows who it is, right? But the person he was following doesn’t exist. Salt City follows Mark as he picks up the bread crumbs in an attempt to find out who Annie Malloy is and why she is dead.

There are so many twists and turns in this story I got a little lost at times. In fact, I got a lot lost once or twice and had to go back and try again. However, the bones of the story are strong. The basic story is just enough different from your typical murder mystery to bring a fresh look to the story line. There is action, intrigue, murder(s), sexual tension (but only tension), fear, and curiosity. And you know what they say about curiosity, that it killed the cat.

I give this story 4 out of 5 clouds.

This product or book may have been distributed for review; this in no way affects my opinions or reviews
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salt City.