Suzanne's Reviews > The Druid

The Druid by S.G. Rogers

Jul 31, 12

Recommended to Suzanne by: Blog
Recommended for: Mature YA & retirees! Just kidding! Anyone who loves mixture of mythology and the paranormal
Read on June 20, 2012 — I own a copy

Nothing makes me feel richer than receiving a new book! Hurrah for me, I won so now I read and the following review will be a honest opinion based only on my enjoyment or not, be it the case, of this book. So away we go into the deep imaginative mind of author S.G Rogers.
Well, I was certainly in need of a refresher in Norse Mythology and "The Druid" is a fun romp through Midguard, Earth, and "Asgard: home of A-List immortals and the location of Odin's hall, Valhallas".
Stuck in her family's dry cleaning business, our protagonist, Dani Avery, has tired of being an underpaid, unappreciated assistant. She is coming from a broken relationship and has buried herself into books, to wile away the time when working & to fill her evenings when not!
I am sure that we have all wished at one point in our lives that we could be living the "Life of Riley"instead of our own. What would you do if you were suddenly relocated to another dimension? Cope well or fall apart & wither?
Dani Avery has dreamt of living in another world. Asgard, one of the Immortal worlds of Norse Mythology. Everything just seems so adventurous on that world not boring like her current life helping her sister try to save the family dry-cleaning business on Midguard!
Well sometimes you should be careful for what you wish for because you might just get it! On the way home, Dani suddenly finds herself in Asgard, fighting for her life. She hears of a evil plot and tries hard to find a way to get back home to warn a "friend" that he is in danger. She was pulled into this dimension accidentally, but fortunately she has a magical sword & shield to protect herself. She meets an Elf from the book ,Prince Rein, who keeps trying to steal her sword and is not quite the hero she expected him to be. Dani has to prove herself and with the help of Prince Rein and other immortals, she makes her way to the Rainbow Bridge and eventually home. Battles are fought & lost along the way. You will never believe the way she finally makes it back to Midguard. This book is light on the Greek mythology and heavy on the adventurous trials of Dani Avery in the world of S.G. Rogers' imagination. Fun, fun, fun to read!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Druid.

06/15/2012