Maria's Reviews > Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Aug 07, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary, netgalley, ya, harlequin
Read from July 31 to August 01, 2012

I didn't like Pushing the Limits.

*****

Feels like Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire without the codependency issue. Same brand of corniness for the second part of the book. Same bad boy turned mushy scmuck. Ugh.

First half: Swooon. Second half: Never mind. Okay, okay. it was downright corny. Crap, where was the Noah that made me tingle in the first half? Gone, i tell you. Gone.

Halfway through, I am in love, until Noah opened his mouth and said,
I'd fill her up and make her realize she'd always be empty without me.

Say the word, baby, and I'll rock your world.

Look at me, baby. I know you love me. Three nights ago you were willing to offer everything to me.
Wouldn't you know, he's a cocky little sh*t who's so full of himself! Echo needs this arrogant jerk?!!! Grrr! *maniacally tears at my hair*

I really liked Ms. Collins. Such devotion and determination to help troubled teens like Echo and Noah is very touching. I also liked how McGarry weaved their drama. But the sleazy lines, yuck. They killed the romance for me. And Echo's mom? When she recovered and still did nothing to appease Echo's questions? i hate her.

If you are into sexy contemporary romance, then Pushing the Limits will appeal to you. It might remind you of Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles and Forget You by Jennifer Echols, BUT the reminder is nothing but a hoarse whisper.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushing the Limits.

07/31/2012
50.0% "*fans myself* Noah!" 4 comments
08/01/2012
100.0% "from sexy to corny. :/" 1 comment

message 1: by Alona (new)

Alona Hmm... Nacurious tuloy ako.

Wendy Darling Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of this one, either. The author seems really sweet, though (met her at ALA). I feel bad I didn't like this more, especially since everyone else looooves it.

Maria Alona wrote: "Hmm... Nacurious tuloy ako."

Gora na, Alona. :) Better yet, (view spoiler).

Maria Wendy Darling wrote: "Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of this one, either. The author seems really sweet, though (met her at ALA). I feel bad I didn't like this more, especially since everyone else looooves it."

ikr. could've passed it as a 3, but... i have too many issues with it. thanks, Wendy :)