Jeni's Reviews > Extras

Extras by Scott Westerfeld

Sep 25, 12

Read from June 17 to July 03, 2012

"You see, freedom has a way of destroying things." - Extras, by Scott Westerfeld

Well, I must admit, Extras was a huge letdown for me. After I finished Specials and Tally made her announcement that she'd be watching the world, I was super excited to read the next installment. I loved how Specials had opened the eyes of the world, and I was psyched to discover what they'd done with the place. Honestly, I think that it would have just been better for the series to end as a trilogy as was the original plan, rather than end it this way.

Maybe you'll feel differently than me, after reading Extras. If you really really really loved how Specials ended, and the characters in the previous trilogy, you will very likely feel the same way I did about this book. So read it at your own risk.

To end on a positive note, I did think that the ending was surprising, so it did have that going for it. If you've read the entire series and want to discuss, please join me at my Uglies Overview, and leave me a comment on what you thought about the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Extras.