Elisha Ruzgal's Reviews > The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen

Jun 15, 12

Read on June 15, 2012

I am conflicted whether I liked it or not. There were some parts when I would just like to stop reading. But I've never really done that (usually if it gets too unbearable, I do something really unholy for me—skip) except when I read, or skipped to the end of, James Dashner's Death Cure.

The story took to long for me. Sometimes, I just wanted to rip off a page because all it had were something about Edward Willing. And I don't see his significance very much (especially since he's not actually real). I'm sorry, but I do. But of course, I can't rip out a page from an e-book.

And then, it gets better when the story nears its end—you see, the drama.

Maybe I don't really understand this book at all. It seems like a sappy, teenagy, romance book with its description; but once read, it seems like A Perks of Being a Wallflower fluffy version. A poor version at that.

Maybe I just don't get it. And maybe I've had enough of heroines who underestimate themselves, narrating how much they're not so pretty—hell, even with that scar, I think people still find Elle pretty—when really, they are. And it has to be her male counterpart who can only make her see that no matter how much her friends point it out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fine Art of Truth or Dare.