Carly's Reviews > Short-Straw Bride

Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Jun 14, 12

It always pleases me to say that I have read all of the books written by an author and I can say that with Karen Witemeyer. I have always really liked her books and I always look forward to them. Short-Straw Bride was another winner. I do have to say that it was slightly predictable and had some cliches, which in the wrong hands can make for a boring story. In Karen’s hands though, it is a sweet, easy to read classic Christian novel. I don’t mind predictable stories as long as they are well written and Karen has added her own style to this story and I love her style. A big part of Karen’s style that draws me to her books is her sense of humor and she really let it shine in Short-Straw Bride.

I can easily say that Short-Straw Bride is a perfect summer read. It’s light, funny and relaxing. I absolutely adored the characters. Without them being written the way they were written, this book would not have been as good as it was. They completely made up for the minor negatives I found with this story. So far, I have loved each of Karen’s novels, so I hope she keeps writing because she has a fan here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Short-Straw Bride.