Andrea O'Brien's Reviews > The Last Wish

The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski

Jun 18, 12

Read from June 14 to 18, 2012

This book was definitely more good than bad. I enjoyed the stories very much they were engaging and interesting. The way that everything was told seemingly in a random order that spiraled around to the main story was really well done and something I appreciated. The main character, Geralt, and his "side kick", Dandilion, were a likable duo and were very complimentary. However, his love interest was utterly unlikable and I am still not sure why he fell in love with her the way he did - that lack of development really took away from what may have been a poignant ending. My other issue with the series is that it felt under developed - the stories were really good but the world/setting seemed more like a staged play than a believable world. It was simply providing a back drop and nothing more. BUt as I said before. There was more good than bad, the stories were good the fact that he brought familiar tales in in an unfamiliar way/world made me engage more with the stories and the two main characters were very easy to like. I would definitely read the next in the series if it came across my desk.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Wish.