Lara's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Jun 18, 12

Read from June 14 to 18, 2012

Meh.

I liked this book the least of the three. I liked the extras at the end; to me it was like a peek into EL James's writing notebook - character sketches, backstory pieces, etc.

Was anyone else bothered by the inconsistency that Christian is, in addition to a highly successful young corporate mogul, concerned about the livelihoods of his employees yet decides to move the production of hulls for his shipbuilding business to Taiwan because it's cheaper to do so there? Or that he is a philanthropist of the highest order yet had no qualms about buying a company, dismantling it, and selling it in pieces for profit, all to screw over someone? Granted, the guy deserved to be screwed over, but what about the employees of *that* company?

Maybe it's just me.

Oh, and some of the smutty stuff was not quite as hot, which was a bummer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Francine I agree with you about the extras at the end, especially Christian's Christmas. I think if she had written that way from the beginning, the series would've been more palatable.

I did notice the inconsistencies in Christian's demeanor towards his employees. His treatment even of Taylor really bothered me (c'mon, the guy basically had no life outside of Christian's, and this, despite having a young daughter of his own). At the end of the day, I chalked it up to more of Christian's psychological problems and inconsistencies in general.

Boy, I gotta say that E.L. James must really liked uber-flawed guys!

Lara I can relate... I was always drawn to good looking, emotionally unavailable guys, but then I grew up.

And I don't remember if it was you who wrote it, but I liked their email exchanges a lot - again, I think most of us can relate to that flirtatious electronic banter.

I found MOTU online, because I was curious to see the original, and I just cannot bring myself to read it. Oh well...