Melissa's Reviews > Hunter and Fox

Hunter and Fox by Philippa Ballantine

1922992
Jun 20, 2012

Read from June 14 to 20, 2012

Looking for a good fantasy read? Well... I found one for you, or rather it found me.

This book is filled with a wonderful and interesting world from the imaginative mind of Philippa Ballantine. It is a book filled with lots of curious and magical creatures and people and it will keep you enthralled throughout. Oh yes, I really loved the descriptions of the characters, their past, their torments, abilities, and adventures. The beasts within also hold a great intrest in me as well. All with a personality of their own. Yes, this book had me captivated from the beginning to the end.

I'd have to say that my favorite characters were the hunter and the fox, aka Talyn and Finn. When they shared the adventure in the book, I was entranced. When the book switched from their story to another simultaneous adventure, I felt a bit bereft and didn't want to move on. However, in the end I didn't mind since I became involved in the adventure put before me. Still, every time I left the Hunter and the Fox, I just didn't want to go.

I give this fantasy adventure 4 1/2 stars. My biggest complaint was the end. You get a bit of a cliffie and I was upset I didn't have the next book in my hot little hands. I recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunter and Fox.