Shanda's Reviews > Murder By The Way

Murder By The Way by Betsy Brannon Green

Jul 30, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own, for-review, lds-authors, mystery-suspense, series
Read from July 15 to 18, 2012

I really enjoyed the first two books in this series (Murder By the Book and Murder By Design) so I was excited to receive Murder By the Way for review. The beginning of the story was more “tell” than the rest as Kennedy reviews the events of the last little while, but the writing is good. Once things got going, it didn’t take long for me to find the rhythm of the story.

While Kennedy is an interesting character to me, and I’ve enjoyed seeing a bit of her toughness soften with her love for Luke, it is Luke that is my favorite character. Due to a sudden military trial, their wedding is rushed and Luke must leave to testify immediately after the reception. This means that he is “physically” gone for a large portion of the story, but with phone calls and texts to Kennedy he remains peripherally involved.

Another favorite character is Sloan. He is a former FBI agent, and I liked not knowing if he was a good guy or a bad guy. His actions could lead either way, and it isn’t until the end that the reader learns whether he is good or bad. (I’m not saying!)

One thing I was glad to see was that Cade, Kennedy’s ex-husband, steps up and we get to see the better side of him. He has a hunch and follows through, setting the mystery in motion.

Several of the well-known characters from Betsy’s previous novels are back, as frustrating as ever. And what would a Betsy Brannon Green mystery be without Miss Eugenia?

I enjoyed the story and was happy to be surprised by the twist at the end. It played out differently than I thought it would and I was satisfied with how the story ended. The last few pages of the book are recipes and I can’t wait to try Miss Eugenia’s S’more Cookies. All in all, a great third installment of the Kennedy Killingsworth series.

Review originally published on www.ldswbr.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder By The Way.

07/18/2012 page 108