Ashley - Book Labyrinth's Reviews > The Chaos of Stars

The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White

Aug 30, 2013

bookshelves: fave-covers, edelweiss, for-review, from-publisher, young-adult
Read on August 30, 2013

I generally love Kiersten White’s writing, and this book was no exception. Smart, sweet, and funny, ‘The Chaos of Stars’ is compulsively readable.

Isadora is a great main character. She’s funny and smart, she has a sadness about her, yet she still brims with life. I love my main characters with a wee bit of snark, and Isadora definitely had that. She was an outspoken character without coming across as too brash, which I loved. Isadora doesn’t understand her parents (they are Egyptian gods, after all), and she has a fear of transience, which I could empathize with.

As for other characters, Ry is total book boyfriend material. He was all kinds of adorable! Isadora’s new friend Tyler (a girl, despite the name) and Tyler’s boyfriend, Scott, round out the group perfectly, as substantial secondary characters. Then there are the Egyptian gods who are just as interesting and grandiose as you would expect.

‘The Chaos of Stars’ is a story about embracing life and looking at things from a different perspective. It’s about celebrating what you have, but also going out and blazing new trails for the things you want. Kiersten White has such a charming and quirky sense of humour, and it shines here in this clever and enjoyable book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chaos of Stars.

08/30/2013 marked as: currently-reading