Rachel Watkins's Reviews > I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had: My Year as a Rookie Teacher at Northeast High

I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had by Tony Danza

Jun 26, 2012

bookshelves: arc
Recommended to Rachel by: Random House rep
Recommended for: public school teachers, education reform geeks, teachers, parents
Read from June 14 to 21, 2012 , read count: 1

As an education reform nerd and public school advocate and volunteer who is closely monitoring the defunding of public schools on a legislative level across the U.S., this book hit close to home. I taught school before NCLB and things are so different now. I appreciated Mr. Danza's humility and deep dedication to his students during his one year teaching experiment. The epilogue is full of insightful commentary based on his experience in a Philadelphia h.s. I agree with this statement wholeheartedly (from the epilogue): "Learning, most of this country seems to think, is like medicine that we know we need but refuse to take unless somebody makes it so entertaining that we forget to think it tastes bad."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had.

06/14/2012
06/21/2012
100.0% "former public school teachers + education reform geeks will love this"
04/19/2016 marked as: read