Nicole Sobon's Reviews > Untouched

Jun 19, 12

Read in January, 2012

Originally posted on Nicole's YA Book Haven:
Actual rating: 3.5 Stars
I enjoyed "Untouched", I did. But I wanted more. I know, I know, this is only a novella to hold the readers over until "Toxic" is released, but I needed more.

Let's discuss the great things about "Untouched", shall we?
Kiernan, a character that I hope will play a larger part in "Toxic", is introduced in "Untouched". She is a lot like Dez, so she's easy to like. In fact, I may actually like her better than Dez. She's witty, her power is awesome, and she's seriously kick-ass. The scene with the broom? Can I high-five my computer screen, or would that be strange? `Cause she is pretty awesome in that scene.

The relationship between Dez and Kale: I loved the development of their relationship throughout "Touch". What's even better is that in this novella, you get to see just how much Dez means to Kale, as the story is told through his point of view. He would do anything for her, and he manages to prove that near the end.

What I didn't like:
Honestly, my only problem with "Untouched" is that I needed more. I would've liked to learn a bit more about Kiernan. I would've even liked to see the Kale and Samsen battle play out a bit more.

One of my favorite quotes:

"Sometimes I wonder at your complete disregard for safety..." Her lips tilted upward and a grin lit her entire face. Leaning close, warm breath caressed my neck as she whispered, "You say that like it's a bad thing."

Accardo, Jus (2012-03-27). Untouched (Kindle Locations 782-784). Entangled Publishing. Kindle Edition.

If you haven't already, may I suggest you pick up a copy of "Touch"? Seriously, if you haven't checked out this series yet, you're missing out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untouched.