Edel's Reviews > Everneath

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Jun 14, 12

Read from June 11 to 13, 2012

Everneath was a really good book! I considered giving it 4 stars but since there wasn't much I could fault I had to give 5. The story was really well told and very much kept your attention the whole way through. I'm really interested to see how the rest of the series will turn out because Everneath was amazing!

After spending 100 years as a forfeit in the everneath, Nikki decides to return home and say her final goodbyes before the everneath claims her forever. On the surface only 6 months has past and now Nikki only has 6 months left to find a way to re-connect with her family and friends before leaving for good. However Cole, the everliving that brought her to the everneath has other ideas and wishes to make her his queen before her time is up.

I really liked that the book was based around greek mythology. The stories it was based on seemed really cool and after reading this book I'd be pretty interested in learning more on them.

As much as I did love the book I really wished for a lot of it that Nikki would choose to go with Cole.... Ya I know everyone was probably rooting for Jack but Cole clearly did care for Nikki and I must admit I have a thing for guys like him in books..... Even though I would have chosen Cole I did see the appeal to Jack, the guy never does give up on Nikki and it's really cute.

(view spoiler)

Even though I did disagree with her choice to stick out the 6 months and not just leave with Cole, I really admired Nikki as a character. She makes a lot of good decisions and she did do the right thing by returning and trying to fix things. She's also pretty determined which makes her a really good female lead and she stuck to her plan and did her best to make things right on the surface. So Nikki was a really like-able character for me.
The ending was perfect for the book too and I loved it!

I'd definitely read this again and do plan on reading the rest of the series. I would seriously reccomend it to anyone looking for a really interesting read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everneath.