Becs 's Reviews > Dangerously Close

Dangerously Close by Dee J. Adams

This is the third instalment in the Adrenaline Highs Series. I’d not read the first two but this one works perfectly well as a stand alone novel.

Seger Hughes is a rock star teetering on the edge of total burnout. He’s been partying too hard, drinking too hard and sleeping with ever younger groupies. He’s adored by millions but they see only the rock star, not the man inside and, despite their constant attention, he is deeply lonely. After waking up one morning with a barely legal groupie and a pounding head, he decides enough is enough. Time for a break.

He buys a secluded property on the Malibu coast intending to hide away and just take some time out. He’s very disappointed when he gets there to discover a smaller, occupied house on his property. Ashley is his new neighbour and, due to a couple of serious accidents, she is also hiding away – scarred, lonely and mostly blind.

Seger realises she can’t see him and therefore recognise him and introduces himself as ‘Mel’ – his birth name and they become friends. She can’t see what he looks like, has no preconceived ideas about him and they slowly to get to know one another. He enjoys her fresh approach and that she likes him for who he actually is and not the rock star that the rest of the world sees. Slowly, they begin to fall in love and this is very sweet.

Of course, this is romantic suspense, so we have a villain. In fact we have a stalkerific, clinically insane, bunny boiler of a villain. She believes she and Seger are destined to be together and will stop at virtually nothing to ensure this happens and very nearly succeeds.

And so we’re set up for a very sweet ending and an even sweeter epilogue.

Very satisfying 4 star contemporary romantic suspense.

I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley and Carina Press in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerously Close.

06/16/2012
06/17/2012
70.0% "Bunny Boiler Alert!!!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Becs, you're reading out of order? description

Becs I know Rain!!! I had a bit of a wobble when I realised but I coped. I hope you realise that I have probably brought on the apocalypse!

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Yep, the thoughts of the apocalypse have been running through my mind when I saw your review. It is a nice review, though. Maybe, just this once, we'll be able to avoid certain doom?

Becs Well, it's been nice knowing you Rain. There's some horsemen in my street..........

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ LOL! Don't say goodbye yet... Are you sure it's not some kind of parade?

Becs I don't know - what do you think?

Photobucket

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Um... yeah, those guys kind of look familiar.

message 8: by Shawna (last edited Jun 19, 2012 04:30PM) (new) - added it

Shawna Nice review, Becs! This sounds good! I might have to read it as a stand alone.

Becs Thanks Shawna - I have a bizarre fondness for the blind heroine plot device.

message 10: by Ian (new)

Ian "In fact we have a stalkerific, clinically insane, bunny boiler of a villain"

"bunny boiler" sounds funny until you think about it. Nice review.

Becs Thanks Ian - you know where the bunny boiler thing comes from, right?