Jaycee Jensen's Reviews > The Thief Lord

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

Jun 14, 12

Read in June, 2012

Thief Lord takes place in the magical world of Venice, Italy. Where winged lions protect the city from the roof tops, and where Prosper and Bo meet Hornet, Mosca, Riccio, and Scipio the Thief Lord. And join the Thief Lords crew. As Prosper and Bo go on adventures with the Thief Lord they discover a magical secret on an old abandoned island where no one goes, or do they. The secret may change the boys life forever and leave an interesting mark in Scipio himself as he tries to change one of is dark secrets.
This book has been one of my all time favorites for a long time! It has always captivated my imagination and has made me want to go to Venice myself every time I read this book. Cornelia Funke does an amazing job of keeping her reader glued to the book as the story progresses. The characters are amazing, and have appeared in many of my personal made up stories.
The story filled with mystery, theft, betrayal, and adventure. I would highly recommend this book or any of Cornelia Funke's books to any reader who is looking for a great book!:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thief Lord.