Monique's Reviews > Driven

Driven by Eve Kenin

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: fiction-romance, reviews-all, fiction-romance-futuristic, fiction, year-2012-read, own-as-ebook-epub, reviews-done
Read on June 18, 2012 — I own a copy

I received this book for review as a result of an author call for reviews. I have not been paid in any way for this review, nor did I agree to write a positive review.

I first read this book in its Dorchester/SHOMI paperback incarnation. My impression of it then was "Wow!". Action-packed, fast-paced, full of great futuristic and dystopian plot lines and events, Driven knocked my socks off.

This newer version, updated a bit, is even better. Little details pop out at you; things that make the story richer emotionally, make it stronger plot-wise. Driven is the same action-packed, flying by the seat of your pants adventure I remembered. But now, the more romantic and emotional elements are more fleshed out, given greater time.

The development of Raina and Wizard, both as characters and as a couple, is well balanced with the fast-paced action of the plot. There are no parts to struggle through, no slow areas. The plot moves too quickly for it to get bogged down. Yet, details are never skimped.

This is definitely one of my go-to books for futuristic plotlines and one I will be reading for years to come. Overall, this book makes me really want to read an updated version of Hidden and maybe even get to read Yuriko's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Driven.