Holly's Reviews > Moonlight Mayhem

Moonlight Mayhem by Sherry Soule

Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: kindle, angels-demons, death-ghosts, series, shifters, witches_magic, zombies, from-author
Read from July 20 to 22, 2012, read count: 1

I received a copy of this from the author to read and review.

A good sequel to Spellbound. I liked that we were introduced to new characters while expanding on the characters we already know. There's more to see of our favorites: Shiloh, Trent, Ari, Evans. And there's new/newer characters who may or may not have dark secrets of their own.

It's pretty interesting in plot line. Something is definitely loose in Whispering Pines and causing massive amounts of trouble. I liked how that built through the story.

One thing I started to notice that I don't think I picked up on last time (or maybe wasn't present last time) was that Shiloh's not exactly clever. She's smart and observant, but she doesn't put the pieces together. There were things she noticed extremely early on in the story and yet she didn't realize they were clues until very near the end. I had the "bad guy" pegged really early on because of this. And I couldn't understand why she didn't see it.

The ending left almost more questions than answers. Now we have a couple of ungodly secretive characters that have revealed little more than their names that will likely play bigger roles in the future and a few open questions Shiloh spent parts of this book trying (and failing) to solve.

Still, more questions that answers usually brings readers back for the next book. Wonder what will happen there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonlight Mayhem.