AJ's Reviews > Kiss of the Night

Kiss of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-uf, series, romantic, steamy
Read from June 14 to 15, 2012

Love this! A solid 4.5 stars!

Both Wulf and Cassandra were great characters and I loved the originality of the way they came together. This led into a HUGELY exciting twist in the story, and I loved watching how the relationship all unfolded from there. And because all of this happened pretty early on in the book, we got some quality time with them as a couple… I love that!!!

This book had a bit of a different feel to it than the others I’ve read in the series. There was a lot more world-building in this one, and we got to see into the Apollite / Daimon side of the story, which was interesting. And Wulf’s story was a little different from that of the other Dark Hunters - I’m enjoying how Kenyon manages to mix that up a bit to keep it interesting.

There were a number of swoony moments, and lots of laughs. One of the highlights though was the coming together of all of the boys from the previous books. I had a very swoony moment picturing them all going out to fight together. And of course, Zarek is hilarious! I find him funnier in the two books where he is a side character then he was in his own book.

I did wonder a little bit about (view spoiler). But that was quickly overcome (and how!) so I’m not overly upset by it.

Quickly moving onto the next book in the series. Yay!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Night.

Quotes AJ Liked

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Law of the jungle. The betrayee gets to eat the betrayer. (Dante)
Law of my jungle. Kill them all and let Hades sort them out. (Zarek)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Have you no honor? No decency? No damn brains? You don’t kill me with bullets. You just piss me off. And you just ruined my friggin’ favorite coat. For that, you die. (Wulf)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“It’s a sun lamp. I thought you might be tired of your pasty-pale complexion. (Chris)
Christopher, I happen to be a Viking in the middle of winter in Minnesota. Lack of a deep tan goes with the whole Nordic territory. Why do you think we raided Europe anyway? (Wulf)
Because it was there? (Chris)
No, we wanted to thaw out. (Wulf)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“You came after all, Z. Glad you made the party. (Acheron)
What the hell? I didn’t have anything better to do. Figured I might as well come kick ass and take names. Not that I really give a damn about their names. I’m just in it for the bloodlust. (Zarek)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I’ve even delivered a few of their babies. (Wulf)
Really? (Cassandra)
Oh, yeah. You have to love the days before modern roads, and hospitals when I was up to my elbows in placenta. (Wulf)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“No, no, no. This ain’t right. I finally find a woman who’ll actually let me into her place and you bring her home for you? Oh, please tell me you brought her home for you and not for me. You didn’t pimp me out again, Wulf, did you? I swear I’ll stake you in your sleep if you did. (Chris)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Has Wulf explained his little problem to you?"
Cassandra's eyes widened as she tried to think of what 'little' problem Wulf could possibly have.
Unconsciously, her gaze dropped to his groin.
"Hey!" Wulf snapped. "That has never been my problem. That's his problem."
"Bullshit!" Chris snapped. "I haven't got any problems there either. My only problem is you yenting at me all the time to get laid."
Oh, Cassandra really didn't want to go where this conversation was leading. It was way too much information about both men.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I'll tear down the halls of Olympus or Hades or whatever I have to do to find you. I'm not going to let you go, Cassandra. Not without a fight.”
tags: wulf

06/14/2012 page 27
7.0% "Wow! Nice entrance Wulf! Nice to meet you!" 2 comments
06/14/2012 page 164
45.0% "Now there's an interesting twist!! Certainly didn't see that one coming!"
06/14/2012 page 298
83.0% "LOVE LOVE LOVE!"
06/15/2012 page 329
91.0% ""All right, game faces, guys"

All the boys together for the big epic ending. SQUEE!!!" 14 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aestas Book Blog Great review! Love the quotes! I loved Chris and Wulf hahaha so many laughs :)

message 2: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Yeah - between Chris and Nick, it looks like the squires are providing the comedy relief. Nick's making me laugh in book 5 as well.

Aestas Book Blog Oh just you wait to see where Nick's story goes!! Pretty crazy! :)

message 4: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Really? YAY! Doesn't he have a short story somewhere? Don't think I have that. Is it available in print?

Aestas Book Blog Naw don't bother with it. It's actually not really anything and it's not "his story". His story gets pretty epic and he'll get his own book one day. But his story is building... You'll see.... I don't want to say too much right now though. No spoilers :) but some big thing'll happen soon

message 6: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Well that's all very exciting!!! And thanks for the no spoilers - some of us actually appreciate surprises in our books ;)

Aestas Book Blog Ha ha ha yes yes... All you "brave" readers :p

message 8: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Well, what can I say? Some of us have to blaze the trails for the benefit of those who freak out so easily ;)

Aestas Book Blog *looks around* freak out? Who freaks out?? *innocent blink*

Maria Loving Me Some Wren Right Now!!!

message 11: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Dont tease!!! Evil woman >:|

Maria I love the Were Books in this Series, I think they are my Faves!!

message 13: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Well I'm currently on my first and LOVING IT!!!