AH's Reviews > The Eleventh Plague

The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

Oct 21, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: audio-book, free-downloads, dystopian, first-in-series, own, post-apocalyptic, zzread-oct-2012, survival, young-adult
Read from October 09 to 21, 2012

Free audio book download week of June 14 - June 20 - http://www.audiobooksync.com/ (Good in US/Can/Mexico)

I listened to the audio book and perhaps my enjoyment of this book was marred by a "meh" reader. The Eleventh Plague is the story of what happens after a flu strain kills most of the population. It was an OK story for me. Perhaps I am just reading and listening to way too many dystopian/post apocalyptic books that this one did not stand out for me.

When my son finishes listening to this, I'll add his thoughts as I think it is geared more to kids his age.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eleventh Plague.

10/09/2012 "I think I am reading too many post apocalyptic books...Just how many ways can society devolve?" 5 comments
10/11/2012 "Chapter 8 - The narrator is a little dull. I do like Violet."

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-8 of 8) </span> <span class="smallText">(8 new)</span>

Flannery Agree. I just couldn't get into it with the narrator, thought I was almost equally as frustrated by the storyline. There was a lot of promise with the action in the beginning but then it was just...nothingness after he gets to the town.

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH Good to hear that you thought the same. I thought I was just getting jaded with too many end of the world as we know it scenarios.

Andrew Hicks Not just you, AH - this book was pretty meh all around.

message 4: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH Andrew wrote: "Not just you, AH - this book was pretty meh all around."

Good to know.

Andrew Hicks You'll be heartened to know there's at least one sequel.

message 6: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH Andrew wrote: "You'll be heartened to know there's at least one sequel."

I guess it does have a following.

Kneesaa White I am on chapter 26 please someone tell me that something exciting happens.

message 8: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH I can't even remember the book.