Rachael McDiarmid's Reviews > Peaches for Monsieur le Curé

Peaches for Monsieur le Curé by Joanne Harris

Aug 27, 12

Read from June 15 to August 27, 2012

Oh I do love Joanne Harris. Actually more to the point I love Vianne Rocher. How can this book not be a resounding success? When it starts with "someone once told me that, in France alone, a quarter of a million letters are delivered every year to the dead. What she didn't tell me is that sometimes the dead write back." now if that doesn't grab you, there's something wrong with you!

Things have changed in Lansquenet. It's been eight years since Vianne opened her chocolate shop. At the urging of a letter written by Armande - and the changing winds - she returns to the village. It's a very different one, in the middle of a war between Muslim and Christian, the old Catholic church and the new, traditional and modern, freedom and repression, men and women, parents and children. But everything is not what is seems. Between Vianne and Father Reynauld, the truth will be found.

A delightful, easy, engaging read with characters we've met before and new ones to keep us guessing, Joanne Harris is a wonderful author. Hopefully she writes again about Vianne and Roux. Perhaps a book about Anouk or Rosette, particularly the perspective of the latter. Such unusual and interesting characters, there's a story in this book for everyone. Oh, and of course, there's chocolate. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peaches for Monsieur le Curé.