Genji Bailey's Reviews > Handbags and Homicide

Handbags and Homicide by Dorothy Howell

Jun 14, 2012

it was ok

What a stupid novel, what a totally unlikeable, lazy, bad-work-ethic main character. Wow - really disappointed. I got to chapter 3 and when she got upset because her supervisors were going to watch tapes that might include her practically mapping in the stock room when she was supposed to be attempting to assist a customer, got upset that her boss was killed and that might crimp her plans, and she specifically avoided a store customer who needed help - not that the customer had any redeeming qualities herself - I just had to quit. Is the author a 20-something with this same attitude, one of "I am me, therefore you should fall down and worship me, my $700 purse, and my massive piles of debt incurred while buying things such as the aforementioned $700 purse and others like it? If so, no thanks, I get enough of that in my classroom and at the local mall. Angst is overrated and boring. Why read about a protagonist who has no redeeming qualities. Simply, I didn't like the main character, was bored with the plot, and had no idea where to turn, so I quit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Handbags and Homicide.

02/17 marked as: read