Emily Ward's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: favorite-authors, favorites, ya, romance, i-m-a-sobbing-wreck
Read from June 13 to 15, 2012

This is one of those books that pulls you in, makes you fall in love, then tears your heart out. It's one that doesn't care about your feelings or your fragile heart. It also doesn't care what else is going on in your life, it demands to be read and enjoyed, no matter who you live with or what they want. It's a book that is honest, funny, loving, sad, and beautiful. The characters are real and you miss them the moment you're done with the book. Their struggles become your own. The writing describes so many things so well, the mind of a sixteen-year-old girl and the streets of Amsterdam and the beauty of life.

I feel kind of pretentious just writing this review, but I can't believe that books like this exist. Books like this make me question why I even write. Why even try when it won't be this good? But books like this also give me inspiration to write. They fill me with this passion for words and stories and the things we can create with our language. This book takes spot on the shelf of my favorites right next to The Things They Carried and The Book Thief.

In short, it's a book that I loved for so many different reasons, and I hope you do, too.
1 like · likeflag

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy You expressed how I feel about this book perfectly. :)