Brittany B.'s Reviews > Unclaimed

Unclaimed by Courtney Milan

Jul 21, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: audiobook, rom_historical, disappointed, wish-i-never-read
Read in June, 2012

Minor spoilers:

Seriously? This author wrote Unveiled??

Maybe I missed a chapter, but this book was literally about a famous Chaste Virgin man who pretty much stays that way. Naturally he ends up with a hooker with a heart of gold. But wait.....she is also the preacher's supposedly- dead daughter.

Then the queen of England comes to their wedding..,
Seriously I can't believe I kept reading.
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unclaimed.

06/14/2012
25.0% "So far, I am not taking to the premise of this book. Virgin hero- famous for his beliefs and his book on chastity. Everyone is trying to tempt him, including a prostitute that he thinks is a widow. Very silly so far." 1 comment
06/14/2012
30.0% "I'm still up in the air. But it's not boring. Very difficult to put own."
06/14/2012
90.0% "I just think this book is full of nonsense. No hope."

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Sheesh! When you say it like that it sounds bad. LOL
The Queen of England was a bit much. As for her being a preacher's daughter, she was a beautiful girl seduced at the age of 14. Her pops had to kick her out. Btw, I loved the heroes reason for being chaste. Not corny.

Anyway, enjoyed your review and seeing the book through your eyes! :o)

Brittany B. Hey Anna. I loved her first book, but I seriously never want to hear the word Chaste again! Lol.

I seriously believe I skipped a chapter. I said it in the review. But when he likened himself to John the Baptist to Jessica's sister, I was shocked. The religious stuff makes me uneasy. I don't know if she is trying to be Preachy. That's a huge turn-off for me. I also was surprised that there was no wedding night scene... The first book was definitely steamy, then the religious/chastity stuff wasn't what I expected. When I started this book, I thought it would be fun to watch him simmer in his chastity vow. It wasn't fun...

Brenda Audiobooks Only Brittany I laugh every time I come across this review so I finally had to comment. ;)

Unclaimed was definitely one in which reality had to be banished and the ending pushed it too far but I enjoyed listening to it nevertheless. It was different and the narrator, Rebecca De Leeuw, was excellent. I regularly let go of reality as a PNR/UF fan so it worked out. Still I love your wrap up of the storyline. LOL