Andrea's Reviews > Insurgent

7112038
Jun 16, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from June 13 to 16, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

Quotes Andrea Liked

Veronica Roth
“It reminds me why I chose Dauntless in the first place: not because they are perfect, but because they are alive. Because they are free.”

Veronica Roth
“The truth has a way of changing people's plans.”

Veronica Roth
“I read somewhere, one, that crying defies scientific explanation. Tears are only meant to lubricate the eyes. There is no real reason for tear glands to overproduce tears at the behest of emotion.
I think we cry to release the animal parts of us without losing our humanity. Because inside of me is a beast that snarls, and growls, and strains toward freedom, toward Tobias, and, above all, towards life. And as hard as I try, I cannot kill it.”

Veronica Roth
“Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.”

Veronica Roth
“Sometimes,” he says, sliding his arm across my shoulders, “people just want to be happy, even if it’s not real.”

Veronica Roth
“THE SERUM WEARS off five hours later, when the sun is just beginning to set. Tobias shut me in my room for the rest of the day, checking on me every hour. This time when he comes in, I am sitting on the bed, glaring at the wall. “Thank God,” he says, pressing his forehead to the door. “I was beginning to think it would never wear off and I would have to leave you here to … smell flowers, or whatever you wanted to do while you were on that stuff.”

Veronica Roth
“Cruelty does not make a person dishonest, the same way bravery does not make a person kind.”

Veronica Roth
“People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets. You believe you know them, that you understand them, but their motives are always hidden from you, buried in their own hearts. You will never know them, but sometimes you decide to trust them.”

06/13/2012 page 93