Jeann (Happy Indulgence) 's Reviews > Kitty Goes to Washington

Kitty Goes to Washington by Carrie Vaughn

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-uf, werewolves, favourite-series
Read from June 13 to 15, 2012

While the first Kitty Norville book had many gripes about Kitty being submissive and weak, it seems she's shaken off her pack mentality and is now standing firmly on her own two feet in the 2nd Kitty Norville book.

I thoroughly enjoyed Kitty Goes to Washington, it had a much tighter plot and was much stronger than the last one. Kitty's just a likeable character, she's charismatic and her strength is in building a rapport through her listeners and with people she's met.

Kitty Goes to Washington is centered upon a Senate Committee Hearings to determine whether the recently exposed creatures of the night are harmful and should be accepted into the greater community. I think this addressed a key issue I had with the first book, that a radio host could just openly come out and say she was a werewolf, and it would be accepted.

It also further investigates the work of Fleming, the scientist that was introduced in the first book. Kitty has a great cast of characters around her, such as the "honest lawyer" Ben, the vampire hunter Cormac, and a few others who she meets along the way.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and will be continuing onto the next one.

Check out Happy Indulgence for more reviews!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty Goes to Washington.

06/14/2012

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) I've been waiting to read this one, but I guess now I'll movie it higher on my list.