Cassia Pabis's Reviews > Souled

Souled by Diana Murdock

Jun 17, 12

Read from June 13 to 14, 2012

Scalp tingling suspense within.... Diana Murdock could steal that for her cover, if she likes.
Last time I read a good YA book was an Indiana Jones series I read in my late teens. Well, now I'm a 37-year-old completely drawn inside the world of Sandpoint, Idaho. I can't wait for the official copies to be ready and on Amazon for sale. I have a niece's birthday coming up and I believe this to be the perfect gift for a new 15-year-old.
So, let's outline why I like it:
The characters are real and engaging. You see the dynamic in this group of teenagers very much like any high school scene. Some of it you may be nodding to yourself for having experienced it firsthand.
The paranormal action was intense. It was reminiscent of Star Wars, but a little scary like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Strangely I even found myself feeling empathy for the lost soul at one point in the book.
And the flow of the book was amazing. What with the interruptions of working full-time and taking care of twin 5-year-olds, I managed to finish this book in a little over a 24-hour period. Well, a part of that could have been the intensity toward the end.
Great book! I hope there is a sequel. Ok, I’m really hoping for more than one sequel…more than a trilogy. ~hint, hint~

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Souled.