Traci (The Reading Geek)'s Reviews > Chosen Ones

Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt

Jul 26, 12

Read from June 21 to 22, 2012

I really enjoyed Chosen Ones and finished this book rather quickly. Set in a dystopian future, women can no longer carry children and artificial humans, Chosen Ones, are being created. Tess is sent to work at Templeton where the Chosen Ones train. However while she is there she meets James, a Chosen One who is different from the others.

I really liked Tess from the beginning because she is tough and trying to survive. I enjoyed learning more about her childhood and her family because it helped explain why she has such a negative view on love and the future. I especially loved how she develops as the story progressed though.

James is a Chosen One but he is different from the others. It was interesting getting to know him and learn about how he is trained at the facility for most of his young life. He loves books and music though and that is what helps Tess and James bond in the beginning. However, the relationship between Tess and James is paced a bit fast at first.

The setting was one of my favorite aspects of this book. The world that Truitt creates is terrifying but realistic. I loved that the history and the background information on the Chosen Ones was spread out through the story.

The plot was interesting and it didn't take long for me to get sucked into this book. I loved the role that music and literature played in this story, especially Frankenstein. I enjoyed the second half of this book the most though. I loved how the story began to unravel and there were so many unexpected twists that I never saw coming. The ending left me breathless for more and I will be highly anticipating the next book. I can't wait to see where Truitt will take this story next. Overall, Chosen Ones was an exciting and romantic story set in a disturbing world.

Review posted on thereadinggeek.blogspot.com
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chosen Ones.

06/22/2012 page 98