CMT325's Reviews > Nightmares And Dreamscapes

Nightmares And Dreamscapes by Stephen King

Oct 08, 08

read count: at least 6 times

This is one King book that I will have to replace when it finally collapses in tatters from overuse.

The thing I love about this book is that in most of the short stories, there is no reason for the events to occur- they just DO. And what a frightening concept that is. There is no reason that a man looks down his sink to see a finger sticking out, a finger that continues to grow in size and soon attacks him. There is no reason for dead rock and roll legends to congregate in a town in the middle of nowhere, trap living victims, and force them to listen to concerts that sometimes go for "a year or more"- but only last one night. It doesn't make logical sense that it would rain toads once every seven years-but it happens. Far fetched -yes - but so many things we accept as ordinary may seem a little odd when we really think about it.

The stories are all very different from each other, and mature readers are sure to find some they love, and some they could skip right over (I personally always skip the one abot the pretty ponies). Either way, it's an exciting read ... esepcially around Halloween!
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightmares And Dreamscapes.