Tiya Rosa's Reviews > When He Was Wicked

When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn

Jun 13, 12

bookshelves: imaginary-boyfriends, asshole-mc, pissed-me-off
Read in June, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This would have been an easy 5 stars if Francesca had done something, anything to make me feel like she actually contributed to her HEA. I'm not so sure she deserves Michael, but since Michael is ridiculously in love with her and I'm ridiculously in love with Michael, I have to respect his decision. That does not mean I have to like it, though.

Dammit, Francesca is a Bridgerton. Doesn't she have any of the pro-activeness that seems to be overflowing from all her other siblings? Does she just wait for things to happen or hold off until she has no other choice? I'm still not entirely convinced that she would have chosen Michael if Michael hadn't said he'd rather give her up than settle with just being her sex toy. I wanted her to make a grand gesture because Michael sure as hell deserves it. But alas, smitten hero settles for crumbs and indecisive heroine does not convince reader she is actually in love with hero and did not just pick him because of the mind blowing sex.

I'm terribly tempted to cut off one more star right now, but the first part of the book was excellent and Michael has my heart.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When He Was Wicked.