Kelly's Reviews > Fury of Fire

Fury of Fire by Coreene Callahan

Jun 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books-read
Read from June 13 to 17, 2012

I'm 10 pages in, and I think this is a little bit Black Dagger knockoff. We shall see. :)

- Okay, I've finished it now. :) The story premise - dragonkind who can morph into humans, and rely on electrical surges regulated by the meridian twice a year - is a very original premise. Definitely points for that! The book, however, is written in such a similar format to the Black Dagger Brotherhood books that originally I was turned off by how it felt like a copy. That does fade into the background as you continue to read, though - which is good. These books are fun, easy reads, but I guess I'm just in the minority on wanting a solid plot to surround my smutty literature. I like the Black Dagger books because there are side stories and other things going on besides constant sex. These have the potential to do the same, however, the author stops just short of putting ENOUGH plot in around the sex. Another 100 pages of plot and this would have been a very, very good read.

Regardless, at $3.99 a pop for kindle, I think they're worth a quick, easy read if you're headed on vacation or lounging around. Especially if you like the Black Dagger books. :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fury of Fire.