Traci (The Reading Geek)'s Reviews > Undead

Undead by Kirsty McKay

Jun 13, 2012

Read in August, 2012

I really enjoyed Undead and didn't want this book to end. It was creepy, gory, and exciting. Which are all the things I like to find in a zombie story. I love zombie books so I was really excited for this book when I first heard about it.

Bobby is on a school trip when at a rest stop her fellow class mates turn into zombies. She is the new girl and there isn't much know about her past in the beginning. I admit I had a really hard time connecting to any of these characters for a good portion of the book. It wasn't until the last half of the book when I began to really cheer on Bobby. It took a while for her character to develop. Bobby and Smitty were really interesting and I liked them enough to keep reading. However it just took me a good amount of time to actually really start to care about them.

The plot was exciting and I loved that it began immediately in the first chapter. I liked that the plot was paced fast too because it helped hold my interest. I didn't necessarily feel like the plot itself was rushed but the characters could have used more time to develop.

This was definitely a creepy story and there were several twists that I didn't see coming. There is especially something scary about being trapped on a bus during a snow storm while zombies are outside. I liked that it was explained how the zombies turned because that is always something I want to know when I read a zombie book. I loved the last few chapters of this book the most though. Those chapters definitely had me on the edge of my seat and I can't wait to read book two. I'm really looking forward to where McKay will take the story next. Overall I really liked Undead and recommend it to anyone looking for an exciting and quick read.

*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review
thereadinggeek.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undead.

10/20/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Fournier I just started it. So far I am entertained.

Traci (The Reading Geek) Glad you are liking it so far just finished it today and really liked it. I have a thing for zombie books.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Fournier Me too. I love zombies. I liked the book, but didn't love it. 3.5 stars from me.

Traci (The Reading Geek) I know what you mean. If it weren't for the last few chapters then I probably wouldn't have liked it as much as I did.