Avid Reader Amy's Reviews's Reviews > UnGuarded

UnGuarded by Ashley Robertson

Jun 20, 2012

bookshelves: angels, hot-vamps, ya, fantasy
Read from June 13 to 16, 2012

UnGuarded is an wonderful love story. It is like West Side Story meets Dracula. The story revolves around Selene, an Angel and Cole, a Vampire. They are in love. Angels and Vampires are banned from interacting. Angels are from “the good side” while Vampires are from “the bad side ”. Yet here we have Selene and Cole defying all odds and falling in love. Selene is told by her Archangel Raphael to stay away from Cole. She is at risk of Falling and loosing everything. This is only the tip of the iceberg when it come to the things that Selene and Cole have to deal with. When Cole is kidnapped by a demon, Selene risks all to get him back. That includes risking the life of her human charge Caitlyn and being blood bound to Vampire Luke. Selene saves Cole but they have to fight to keep the relationship together at the same time Selene is fighting her growing feelings for Luke. Cole is home safe and sound, now Selene has to focus on Caitlyn. Her time is running out and Selene is the only one who can save her. In saving her and herself everything goes awry. In the end Selene finds herself not quite Fallen and with the one she loves. Mrs. Robertson did an awesome job of having different paranormal worlds collide and flow so wonderfully. This story is full of action, love, a little mystery and some good old drama with a love triangle. This story has dimension ad doesn't fall flat. Everything works well together to keep you entertained from beginning to end.
I like the fact that the author puts good and evil as allies. They fight together to rid the world of a common enemy. You see enemies working together all the time but I think I like it more because they are Angels, demons and Vampires. They are the pinnacle of Good and Evil.
I have to say my favorite character is Luke. I have a soft spot for the bad boys. I think that he means well when it comes to Selene but he does play dirty to get close to her. You have to admit though he never would have gotten as far as he did with her if she didn’t have some sort of feelings for him.
Cole is my least favorite. It’s not because I am rooting for Luke but because Cole was a jerk when Selene helped to get him back. Instead of being there for her he was kind of mean because of what happened between Selene and Luke. I mean hello she basically went to hell and back to rescue you. You could be a little more grateful. ( I really get into the books I read. Can’t you tell?)
Overall thoughts: This is Mrs. Robertson’s second paranormal book and I think that she is getting better with each one. I liked that she ended it where there could be a second UnGuarded book, and I hope there is. I look forward to reading more from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read UnGuarded.

06/13/2012
06/15/2012 page 107
43.67% "This book is addicting. If only life would slow down so I could finish."
06/16/2012 page 167
68.16% "This book is addicting. If only life would slow down so I could finish."
show 4 hidden updates…