Debbie I Heart YA Books's Reviews > Ciao

Ciao by Bethany Lopez

Aug 15, 2012

Ciao is the third short story in the Stories About Melissa series. Bethany Lopez is giving readers a beautiful inside look into a teenage girl’s life through her journal. I’ve enjoyed watching Melissa grow up and growing through life’s journey with her family, friends, hardships and boys. All the teens in this story are great characters. Lopez has given the teens of today an encouraging, beautiful character in Melissa.

Melissa is starting her sophomore year, but over the summer she met two more friends who will join her group. Cassie is the new girl who has just move into the house down from Melissa, and Giovanni is a foreign exchange student who came to live with his aunt and uncle to see what American school are like. Melissa is still having boy problems in this third book with Brain and Jimmy. When Cassie starts having feelings for Jimmy, Melissa starts to see the green-eyed monster of jealousy.

Melissa is going to face life’s most difficult heartache with one of her friends, and after she realizes which boy she’s sure about being with, she’s has waited too long to tell him and he might never be the same boy that she has loved. Especially after this group of teenagers is forced to go through life’s hardest trial.

Ciao is a fantastic fast read with a powerful coming of age story of Melissa and her friends. I recommend Ciao and the first two books in this series Ta Ta For Now and XOXOXO as a fun and encouraging read for teens.

2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ciao.

message 1: by Bethany (new) - added it

Bethany Lopez Yay! I am excited the you liked Ciao! Thank you.

Debbie I Heart YA Books You are very welcome Bethany! Thank you for Melissa's beautiful story! :)